Posted on: 14 September 2016Share
If everyone incorporated everyday chiropractic tips into their life, almost everyone would experience better everyday living. This is because taking care of your spine and other joints in your body are the best way to keep harmful toxins from building up in your body, help improve flexibility and range of motion, and ensure that you are less likely to experience discomfort throughout the day, especially in the neck and lower back. Here are five chiropractic tips for everyday life to start incorporating today:
- Light Stretching in the Morning: Don't rush into your routine as soon as you wake up in the morning. The best thing to do is to give yourself some time to stretch while still being in bed. Stretch all parts of your body lightly, including your neck. This way, once you begin your daily routine, your body and joints are ready and awake. If your body is stiff, you are more likely to tweak something while getting ready or exercising in the morning.
- Be Mindful of Posture: Throughout the day, you should always take notice as to whether or not you are slouching. When you slouch, it creates pressure in the lower back and can even make your neck stiff. This is especially important for those who sit at a computer all day at work. Be mindful of your posture during this time and even consider investing in a chair that helps support correct posture. On top of this, you should be taking breaks to stretch to ensure that your body does not become stiff.
- Don't Cradle Your Phone: If you can help it, do not multi-task while on the phone. The problem with this is that you are likely craning your neck to hold the phone between your ear and your shoulder. Doing this for a long period of time is sure to create neck pain.
- Be Mindful of your Purse: Wearing a purse is something that almost all women do and even some men. The problem with this is that it creates uneven posture while you are walking. This is why it's important to empty out your purse of unnecessary items often and not wear it when you don't need to. If you can, you should consider investing in a backpack that distributes weight more evenly or a cross-body bag, which also distributes weight more evenly.
- Lift Carefully: When lifting something heavy, always do so from the knees. Do not lift using the muscles in your back. Not only is this dangerous, but you are sure to suffer from back pain for a few days if you aren't careful.
When you incorporate these five chiropractic tips in your everyday life while also visiting your chiropractor on a regular basis, you are sure to live more comfortably and will be able to perform your daily tasks more fluidly, as well. For more information, contact local professionals like Gerleman Chiropractic Office.